At Big River, we offer our training programs for free because we want as many people as possible to experience the benefits of training with a group like the following:
- Motivation – when the going gets tough during a long run, you are less likely to quit, stop or slow down if you are running with others.
- Accountability – with a set structure you’re more apt to stay on schedule. When you know someone will be there to run with, you are not as likely to skip your training run!
- Fun – miles fly by when you are talking with friend and telling stories. It’s like having entertainment on the run!
- Community – when you are going through a shared experience with likeminded people, a community forms. Your runs can feel much more fulfilling when you feel like you are part of something bigger than yourself.
- Encouragement – the more people you run with, the more opportunity exists for fellow runners to give you those encouraging comments like “you can do this” when the going gets tough on those long runs! When you aren’t running, many group training programs (like Big River) have other vehicles to share encouragement like a private Facebook group or email list which can keep
If your goals include a half or full marathon this spring, we invite you to join Big River Training Team. Training Team is a welcoming and inclusive group for those looking for paced long runs while training for a half or full marathon. We have a walk group, three run/walk groups and run paces from 12 minutes/mile to 8 minutes/mile. You’re invited to be a part of this fun and supportive community and to enjoy the benefits of training with a group!
Training begins January 9.